Toothache is seen as pain or ache in a tooth. However, one of the main reasons is poor oral hygiene and it will lead to the attachment of the jaw and the ear. If you’re not looking after your teeth or irregular of consulting the dentist can lead to problems, including :
- Tooth decay
- Tooth Cracked or damaged teeth
- An infection, this can happen when a tooth has broken through the skin
- Issues with your braces
It’s recommended that everyone should brush the teeth twice in a day, and consulting the dentist for regular check-ups.
What are the symptoms of a toothache?
The first sign of the symptoms is when you feel something wrong with your tooth and you can feel that is you’re feeling some pains on it. You may also feel pain when eating meals, something sweet or soft drinks, cold or very hot. If your tooth pain only worries when you eat sweet, hot or cold food, you may have sensitive teeth. So Naijabreakingnews.com.ng will advise you to brush your teeth two or three times a day with toothpaste or dental powder designed specifically for sensitive teeth.
The type of pain you experience can differ, from sharp or throbbing pain, for some this may only come when you bite down with your teeth or it could be more constant. You may also notice that the gum around your tooth is swollen, red, or sore. If your tooth is affected then you could be experiencing a bad taste and serious pain in your mouth, as well as a fever, headache, ear, and jaw.
What is the best painkiller for a toothache?
We have a lot of painkillers for toothache but Naija Breaking News Ng will talk about IBUPROFEN and PARACETAMOL.
These two drugs offer toothache relief, it also helps to calm the symptoms and alleviate pains. Both of these medications work to relieve mild to moderate pains, while IBUPROFEN also eases inflammation and swelling. You can also use CLAM -TONE, this drug contains with CALCIUM supplement for all ages. The drug builds and maintaining strong teeth and bones.
Are there any home remedies for a toothache?
Yes, there are home remedies for toothache, when you notice that you have pains on your tooth or when you are waiting to see your dentist there are pain relief remedies you can try at home. These remedies combined with medication that can help you to ease the pain you are feeling and reduce symptoms.
- Salt and hot water can help by cleaning the area. All you need to do is combine a cup of boiled water with a teaspoon of salt. Once the water is cool enough remember not that cool, simply rinse the water around your mouth for at least 30seconds. Make sure that you didn’t swallow any of the saltwater, and children who have toothache should not try this remedy at home.
- You can also make use of alcohol for those that take alcohol, alcohol too relieves pain.
When should I see a dentist?
You can see the dentist anytime you see that you can’t hold on with the pains anymore you can consult the dentist. Although you can buy medication and use at home to treat the toothache, there are some circumstances that you will surely want to book an appointment with the dentist, for example :
- If the toothache last for two days or more
- If the pain doesn’t go away or decrease when you take painkillers as Naija breaking news said.
- You have a high temperature
- If you have pain when you bite your gums and the gums are red or you have a bad taste on your mouth
- Your jaw and cheek are swollen or feeling some pains in your head.
If you are feeling or you are experiencing any of these there is a must for you to consult the dentist.
How can I prevent getting toothache?
If you have had a toothache before you know how painful it is, and I know that you probably won’t want to experience it again. The best thing for toothache is to look after your teeth regularly. There are also things that you can do to lower your risk of getting painful teeth in the future.
- Reduce the number of sweet things you eat and drink, and only have them at mealtime.
- Drink fewer fizzy drink
- Brush your teeth twice a day
- Use dental floss to clean between your teeth – you can also try a mouthwash
- Don’t smoke – ask our pharmacy team about our stop smoking service
- Consult your dentist at least twice a day
Final Thought on Ways to Cure Toothache
The ideas listed above are as a result of previous experience with toothache and measures taken then were exactly how we listed them.
you found this helpful, why don’t you help us share it with your loved ones. feel free to drop your thoughts and comments.
3,517 total views, 1 views today